Friday 16 October 2015

First Needle Felting workshop Random Makes

Well I have just run the first of my needle felting workshops at Random Makes in Penwortham, near Preston.

I had four students who were very keen and enthusiastic to learn a new skill. I believe most of them were ladies who had attended other workshops there.

We only had 2 hours, so my plan was to discuss the technique, show some examples of my work and demonstrate in the first hour. This worked very well, and then the cakes and tea appeared. Wonderful!

The ladies then chose their colour schemes and decided on what to make. This led to quite a bit of discussion from Tooth Fairy Boxes to a small wall hanging.

All the students completed one ground each, with some managing to start a second.

The second session next week, will be an opportunity for the ladies to quickly complete any further grounds for later use at home, but more importantly to cut out required pieces from a ground and to start stitching and beading.

I will take loads of beads & threads with me, and hopefully they will be used to produce some lovely pieces, which they can then construct into a brooch, bracelet, hair slide, box, book cover or hanging etc.

Here are a couple of photos of the students hard at work.



They don't look smiley but of course they are fiercely concentrating after my dire warnings of being stabbed with a barbed needle if talking etc!!! Obviously I would not stab them if they chatted????

However I know they really enjoyed the workshop as they did not want to leave at 12.00. Roll on next week!!!

No comments: