Tuesday 10 February 2015

'Stitched Collage' Workshop with Anne Brooke




We had a great workshop at Parbold Embroiderers Guild on Saturday. 14 students who all thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Anne is a very good tutor who structures the day well, with no pressure or fuss. The result is a brilliant eclectic mix of work, using her basic techniques, but with individual twists.

I tried to utilise work by Robert Rauschenberg an artist who concentrates on collage. He incorporates 3 dimensional objects which are often dripping in paint. This piece will hopefully be used in our exhibition Art & Soul at Samlesbury Hall in July.

I think I need to do quite a bit more work on the piece before I am satisfied. However its a good start!!

Here are some photos from the day.




my work-not sure of title yet???? I have now added more stitch
 & some buttons

Sandra Kedzlie's work


The Rabbit ones is Caroline's

Sue Abbotts work


Nicky Robertson's work against her sketches



No comments: