Saturday 4 April 2015

working towards our exhibition

I have been very busy working towards our exhibition 'Art & Soul' which will be held at Samlesbury Hall 2nd July to 1st September this year-more details to follow.

I am also attempting to make some items for The Skirmish Weekend held at at the end of August at Samlesbury Hall & spent all yesterday making brooches to attach to knitted capes for me & Caroline to wear, as we have to dress in Medieval clothing whilst manning the stall.

The brooches seem to be working, made with encaustic waxed grunge paper- but the hat pins which fix them together are causing me headaches, as the beads at the end keep sliding off, obviously the glue is not doing its job!!!

looking good -pinned to cape



Top one still be clamped!!!


Hopefully I will sort this out & maybe try a different glue- I will not be defeated!!!

Either way I am pleased with the end results & will continue to make some more encaustic jewellery for the exhibition as well.

I should really clean the bedrooms & bathroom, however there is always another day???

No comments: