Sunday 28 June 2015

getting ready for the exhibition & woolfest

Phew!!! this is exhausting & after help set up many exhibitions, I should find it a doddle??/

I spent all of yesterday trapped in my house, printing off catalogues (the printer kept playing up!!), making labels & attaching them to my work, and two other members of the group pieces of work.

Why is it that staples are so particular & only choose to go into very soft wood??? Hopefully the masking tape will work & not peel off in the heatwave we are expecting.

However going by the pieces of art I have seen, the exhibition should look stunning,- so it will all have been worth it.

The extremely good thing about this textile lark is going to shows etc with like minded friends,
I went with Caroline on Friday to visit the Woolfest in Cockermouth, brilliant, even though I did not make an idiot of myself as usual!!! Long story????

We went around all the stalls & bought stuff we did not intend to buy, but thats the fun of it!

The rare breed sheep & the Alpacas were entrancing & I did manage to take some photos.

I also bought an Ashford Rigid Heddle weaving loom, something I have always wanted & of cousre I used my Birthday money!!! Does that justify the purchase??

I now need some lessons on how to use it & that is in hand-more money, but I will be able to make a pea green suit for John (just like the one in The Good Life!!!)

I will add some photos of the sheep & post more about the exhibition asap.

2 little sweeties!

All in order

Look at me!

Dougle!!!

A roll in the hay!

Looking a little pastie today

so beautiful

No comments: