Tuesday 30 June 2015

Nuno felting with Julie James Turner

Seven members of Parbold Embroiderers Guild including me attended a Nuno felting workshop with Julie James Turner on 20th June.

It was a lovely relaxing workshop where we learnt how to trap small items eg leaves, buttons etc into nuno felting.

We all did an sample piece first- mine did not felt very well as I am impatient, and then after lunch we all made an item- with most of us making a little bag.

It was quite strenuous work & it does not help when you have arthritis in your hands etc- however I think we were all very pleased with the results.

I am putting my bag into the exhibition 'Art & Soul' as I am quite chuffed with it. I am hoping to make a few smaller bags for the Skirmish Craft fair at Samlesbury Hall at end of August.

Tracey is also putting her bag in.

Here are some photos that Pat bean took on the day.

Tracey's bag

Mel's vessel

Caroline's bag
pats experiment

My bag before hand-stitching etc
                                     
Samples of Julie James Turner's bags

Helena's bag

No comments: