Tuesday 25 August 2015

Scorton Craft fair 23rd August

Hi all- back again after the craft fair at Scorton, near Garstang.

This event was held by Hopeful and Glorious, and as usual had a good mix of artists who's work is of a high standard.

The day started very sunny and quite muggy, so we knew bad weather would be on it's way!!! However it was great to be able to unload the car and actually stroll into the village hall, without the mad dash in the rain.

Marguerita helped me on this occasion as Caroline was busy, and I was so thankful for her assistance, as these days can be very tiring.- I'm getting on now!!!

The event started at 11.00am but a few people wandered in earlier, and there was a steady flow all day. As usual plenty of people said they loved the work, but did not want to part with their money. However as the day went on we did manage to sell some items.

The pulse warmers that I made really for next week's Skirmish Craft Fair at Samlesbury Hall, went down a bomb, with plenty of interest, lots of me modelling them and some sales. We have now purchased a display hand in perspex for the next craft fairs, as my hands are not the best to show off  our work, wrinkles and un- manicured nails!!!!

In fact we had so much interest that a pair were stolen by  I think by walkers, not what you expect from that type of person??? We must be more vigilant in future, and I hope she has a wool allergy!!!!

One member of the public bought a pair and suggested I make them for weddings----so watch this space.

Overall we both enjoyed the day, some sales, plenty of networking and loads of fun!
The only small downside was as expected the heavens opened just as we were packing up at 4.00pm- hey ho!

Marguerita looking stunning in dappled sunlight

Selection of goodies- pulse warmers can be seen lower left of picture

window view


me looking reasonable in a photo for once

No comments: