Saturday 29 August 2015

weaving -novice style

Hi all thought I would bring you up to date on my latest thing!!!

I have bought a loom & actually managed to produce a piece of fabric- not sure what I want to do with it yet, however I am reasonably pleased with it.

I did have one lesson on how to set loom up and how to proceed, but obviously had to finish weaving it up at home,

I have booked a further lesson in October, as I really do not feel confident in setting up the loom on finer wool 10 dent heddle!!!

My intention is to make a wall hanging for our next years exhibition on the theme of Freedom- I have had some ideas & quite a good one this morning whilst half asleep & half awake- I will need to write it down as my memory can be patchy these days. I will not give much away here, as I have not really formulated the idea yet.

Needless to say I want to start experimenting with textured yarns in a more contemporary way. This must be the textile designer coming to the fore.

Below are some photos of my first efforts- I will not enlarge the photos too much as I am not happy with the right hand tension on the selvedge & there are a few tiny errors. My tutor says I am too picky???



No comments: