Thursday 19 November 2015

New Position

HI as usual I am taking on something new- I have recently been elected on then NorthWest Embroiderers Region committee, and have unofficially taken over the roll of Summer School organiser.

Due to recent problems with Alston Hall confirming they are closing down as an education centre, we have had to source an alternative venue. Luckily I had heard about Waddow Hall near Clitheroe, Lancashire which is a Girl Guiding Centre, but has a beautiful 17c House & provides full bed and board. It also has 3 lovely rooms that can be used as workrooms, so ideal.

I know have the problem of booking 2 tutors, but have already hit lucky hopefully with one- so onwards & upwards.

I am not sure how I get so involved, but I do like to keep busy and do my bit.

I will keep you all posted.


Here are some photos to wet your appetites- please ignore the very dull Lancashire weather, look past it and imagine how it will look in the Summer.

one of the lounges-check out the fire

a further lounge

view of the dining room to be redecorated after Christmas

beautiful fire surround

view of the River Ribble in full spate

front of the house

house & wood walk

picnic area

stormy view of Ribble

house

side elevation and two of the outbuildings

No comments: