Wednesday 14 December 2016

Cabus Exhibition and craft fair

Hi well I have had a really busy two weeks, cultimating in a non appointment for my hair and a great meal out with Aqua Aerobics. I will explain that due to a serious crash on the M6 all roads into Preston were completely grid locked, and where is my hairdressers? you have guessed, yes, the other side of Preston. Hence a one hour car drive only gor me a few miles, and after stopping in desperation, I decided to fuel up my stomach and spend more money in a craft shop, Then I decided to go back home with messy hair.

Anyway the exhibition at Cabus Village Hall looked good, photos of my pieces below-

needle felted piece above, with two wet felted pieces based on Peru

'Upset Stomacher' and 'Double it', both appliqued &  machine embroidered, the lower one is needle felted.

Not brilliant photos, but you get the idea?

We had decided to do a craft stall on the Sunday- maybe not a good move as hardly anyone visited, I think due to so many other events going on in the area. It certainly was not due to the hard work the organiser - Sue from Blossoming Art, put in. She advertised it well, had organised food and planned the event down to the last detail.

However I managed to sell some items, which covered my costs with a little to sell. Caroline sold a needle felted brooch, but unfortunately Nicky did not sell anything.

We had plenty of admirers, but not many buyers.

Never mind better luck next time I hope.

Nicky trying to hide

Well hidden

screen with silk scarves(green one sold) and Nicky's beautiful pictures

Any surface will do even an old piano

looking a bit messy, but its organised chaos.
Please look at Parbold E.G. News on pegstitchers1.blogspot.co.uk for photos on our exciting December meeting re Christmas Challenge.

No comments: