Saturday 4 July 2015

Art & Soul

Hi well the exhibition went up without too much bother, apart from the fact we had to reassemble the hanging mechanisms as the gallery had been repainted, due to a small fire in the hall.

After that was well organised & dealt with by Nicky, Tracey & Anne, the hangings went up very well.

I had got on with the six window cabinets, and as I had colour co-ordinated the items, the hangings were put up to compliment the windows.

We had a good turnout for the preview, and loads of great comments.

I really think we as a group have improved vastly, with the standard of work and the diversity of content. Roll on the next exhibition-- The Big one at Museum of Lancashire!!!

Here are some photos of work in the exhibition:



Mine-Dream Timing

Caroline's Rabbit

Eileen's 'Issett Kandinsky?'

One area of the window display

Another area including one of our props

Suzanne's 'Ever Decreasing Circles'

Tracey's 'Spirit of the Night' I think?

Mine 'Leaf on Leaf'

Pat's 'Still Life'

Barbara's ' Winter Day on the Hills'

Nicky's 'Hockney Hill'

Another window


Anne's 'Highlights'

Quick glimpse of the gallery

Another glimpse of the gallery


I apologise if I have given any of the pieces the wrong title as I am working from memory & there are over 100 items in the exhibition with most of them for sale- Not bad for a group of 9.

If you haven't yet paid a visit to Samlesbury Hall I would recommend you do not delay in visiting the exhibition.
 

No comments: