Friday 17 July 2015

Lavender Fields & Summer School

Hi well when I get my act together I will pack my bag & away I go.

I am meeting Caroline & her Mum to visit the Lavender Fields near Rainford. Not sure what to expect & of course its been raining. However I know they have a cafe there - so jobs sorted! The idea is to buy some dried lavender to make some lavender bags for sale at the Skirmish Craft Fair. We already have the fabric & need to make the bags look medieval!!!

I will add some photos later.

Then on to Summer School run by North West Region of the Embroiderers Guild. I have booked a 2 day workshop on Cyanotypes (Blueprints) with Ruth Brown. I am staying over so should be eating loads of food!

I am sharing a room with Marguerita, who is on another workshop (Rusting with Alice Fox)  this year, hopefully my snoring won't get to her- I may take ear plugs for her.

Tracey is on the same workshop as me- so should be a good laugh.

This is the only workshop I have done at Summer School where I managed to get all the 'Play Stuff' into one bag- heaven!

However I must remember to gather some flowers from the garden for printing. I have already collected leaves etc. I suppose lavender may work?

Anyway I'll let you know how I get on, with further posts & pics.

Oh by the way you notice I packed my play stuff well in advance, leaving my clothes etc to last???

No comments: