Thursday 23 July 2015

Summer School

Hi back from Summer School and completely exhausted, but really enjoyed it. The weather was good to us and only rained at night! Marguerita and I shared a room, which was large light and airy- brilliant.

The workshop I attended was with Ruth Brown, Cyanotyping, whilst Marguerita decided on Alice Fox's Rusting workshop. The two go together really well and Marguerita & I have already decided to combine the two techniques, as if you think of it Blue & Orange look really good.

I did come back with some lovely samples, however one done using silk velvet went really weird in colour when stacked in my workroom- the colour changed from wishy washy blue (which I thought was a failure) to black, brown, yellow & blues from the bottom up- it has transformed into a landscape??? So you see there are no such things as mistakes!

I intend to do more, as I bought a basic kit from Ruth, have sourced the boards to attach the work to & am just off to get the chemical needed from the chemist, that's when I get changed out of my nightwear.

Here are some photos of the weekend, they include photos from my workshop & Marguerita's.

before being developed by UV light 


after development


love watching things dry!


end results




samples of rusting


No comments: