Tuesday 12 May 2015

Fun packed weekend

Hi on Saturday after a short notice situation I managed to book Katie Duxbury to give a talk at the Embroiderers Guild- what a find!!! She was a very good speaker, had some fantastic samples of her work and we were given a photo show of some of the clothes she had made for theatre, and also her own beautiful creations. These can be found on her website www-duxburydesigns.co.uk. 

Here are a few photos that I took, obviously with Katie's permission.

Dress made with small pieces of leather material 


Extremely heavy ornate necklet

Jaunty hat

Tiara

It seemed strange seeing photos of some of the costumes I had seen previously at the Promenade Plays in Lancaster- which are always fantastic.

On the Sunday, John & I met up with Caroline and Richard to visit Art in the Garden, which was set in a a beautiful garden belonging to Spring Bank House, Cow Ark in the Forest of Bowland, near Preston.
We had a great lunch, loads of laughs and met some artists I knew & some I now know.

I did not spend much -for a change- but bought a lovley carved mushroom (some sort of nut!) -not me I meant the mushroom!!! also bought 5 ceramic buttons- not sure when I will use them -but who cares???

So all in all a great weekend- here are some photos of the 5 acre garden- which is very slightly bigger than my postage stamp back garden.!!!








1 comment:

Mrs P said...

It was an enjoyable weekend. Kate was great and it was interesting to learn about what happens behind curtains at theatres.
Art in the Graden was brilliant. Lots to see, and met fellow artists. And those mushrooms. Nuts - we both are!