Saturday 2 May 2015

Three Stitches Banner

At last I have made a banner that can be displayed on our stall at craft fairs. I found a piece of textured silky beige fabric, which I fringed & applied a silk fabric layered motif to.

I have used three colours of silk, one of which has been hand dyed in mottled purple/pink colours, with the other two being gold & jade silk bought in Varanasi, India.

I have taken a stencil which has been downloaded from Word, cut out & temporarily adhered this to the purple silk, which had been bondawebbed. I then cut around the shapes.

The jade & gold silk where used in the same fashion, but just cut out slightly bigger each time.

I then ironed the layers of the motif together (I removed the bondaweb backing each time), layering the purple ontop of the Jade with the Gold under.

The motif was then ironed onto the base beige silk, which was then free machined with zig zag stitch around the edges, using a random dyed cotton thread. Gold thread was then zig zagged around
the Jade/gold edges.

We will get a chance to use this at tomorrows Art & Craft fair at Museum of Lancashire.

close up









No comments: